23 August 2017

In The Interest Of Fairness

Here are some free hobby-based products I've released into the wild. Its been implied I should go out and do the same rather than criticize the efforts of others. But taking the points about pod-casters I posted into account, I won't do that because I don't feel I have a pleasant speaking voice at all. But, I have made some of my creative efforts available and free to the community. Here are some of them.

The Gnome's Jewel: a rather odd bar in a pocket universe. [link]

The Carcosan Grimoire: I am the editor of this document and author of a few of the included items. These are random articles for use with McKinney's Carcosa. [link]

Something Rotten In Riverton: a first level dungeon intended for use in an OD&D clone. [link]

Journeys In The Land Of Khordesh: a supplement in the vein of Greyhawk and Blackmoor intended for use with OD&D and its clones. [link]

Feel free to read, evaluate, and critique all you wish. Knowing what my audience wants is the only way I'll get better. The stuff I write for my home campaign, on the other hand, only has to satisfy my players and myself and is therefore not included.

These works are all flawed in their own way. I'm learning, and with a staff of 1 its a slow process. But I welcome any input, positive or negative.

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. LOL! Well, to be fair? Criticism, no matter how well intended, it's pretty hard to take. And while trying to be satirical I may have come off as a bit strident in my post. When I first started in hobby publishing I took a couple torpedoes below the waterline myself, so I know how they feel. I hope some sense of how much I appreciate what they do also managed to shine through.

      Delete
  2. Any chance you'll be re-releasing your psionics supplement soon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm working on an updated version of that. I'm not sure why the original document is not on my Google Drive, I don't recall deleting it. I had a hard drive crash and lost a lot of those files, but if I still have a copy of the PDF. I'll put it up for download tonight and post a link here.

      Delete
    2. It may not have been deleted from Google Drive. Looking at your old blog, it was shared from your Dropbox. It looks like the link is disabled, but not necessarily that it's gone.

      https://web.archive.org/web/20140728082603/http://dubeers.blogspot.com/2013_04_01_archive.html

      Delete